For the Many, Not the Few
For the first time in the history of West Berkshire Council, local Labour parties across the area are running a joint campaign to ensure a comprehensive Labour offering of candidates and localised manifesto for the 4 yearly Council elections on May 2nd. Grassroots Labour members from Newbury, Reading West, & Wokingham constituencies, have come together to form West Berkshire Labour Forum with the aim of giving all voters a full Labour vote option in every ward.
On May 2nd, you will have a full list of Labour candidates to vote for. Labour is one of only 2 parties now large enough and strong enough to be able to field a full list of candidates. The process to select the candidates is robust and we have worked hard to listen and ensure Labour candidates are aligned with your views. Electing Labour candidates will offer real change to the current Council. Your vote for Labour will be the best way to tell local politicians that enough is enough!
Labour has been speaking to people across West Berkshire in door knocking sessions for the past 2 years. On the doorstep, there is significant dissatisfaction with the Conservative-lead Council and the weak Liberal Democrat opposition, enabling cuts and looking after the few. Austerity is alive and well in West Berkshire and the only way to stop it is to Vote Labour. We need to protect our communities and quality of life by ensuring the most vulnerable of our communities are given the assistance they deserve.
Over the last 6 months 700+ members from across the county have colaborated on our manifesto which has shown what talented minds we have amoungst us. You can read or listen to the Manifesto here Manifesto – West Berkshire Labour Forum.
The full list of Labour candidates are as follows:
- ALDERMASTON – David Hancock
- BASILDON – Jonathan Ashley
- BUCKLEBURY – Frank Greenwood
- BRADFIELD – Ian McKay
- BURGHFIELD & MORTIMER – Jan Bishop, Graham Hudson & John Hannawin
- COLD ASH & CHIEVELEY – Marc Charon & Christopher Evans
- DOWNLANDS – Grahame Murphy
- HUNGERFORD & KINTBURY – Ron Blindell, Matt Wilson & Paul Pugh
- LAMBOURN – Moz Bulbeck Reynolds
- NEWBURY CENTRAL – Caroline Ffrench Blake & Dr Mark Beach
- NEWBURY CLAY HILL – Gemma Lowe & Lee McDougall
- NEWBURY GREENHAM – Christine Copeland, Gary Puffett & Michael, Wakelyn Green
- NEWBURY SPEEN – Dr Robert Chapman & Bert Clough
- NEWBURY WASH COMMON – Julie Wintrup, Andrew Wallace & Peter Tullett
- PANGBOURNE – Suzie Ferguson
- RIDGEWAY – Charlotte Blackman
- THATCHAM CENTRAL – Gary Huntley & Dave Burns
- THATCHAM COLTHROP & CROOKHAM – James Wilder
- THATCHAM NORTH EAST – Teresa McDowell & Neale Hall
- THATCHAM WEST – Sarah Berrington & Susan Turauskis
- THEALE – Chris Ryder
- TILEHURST BIRCH COPSE – Clive Taylor & Louise Coulson
- TILEHURST & PURLEY – Dr Elizabeth Bell, Ben Rayner & Stuart Lythgoe
- TILEHURST SOUTH & HOLYBROOK – Emma Gillespie & Charles Croal