Burghfield and Mortimer
Our priorities are to expand childcare and Sure Start centres to unlock the potential of all children and improve rural bus services Sarah Timms and Christian Savill
Sarah has lived in Burghfield for over 40 years; she is the Burghfield litter warden and local dog walker. She has been a poppy seller for many years and she has taught many people in Burghfield, both as a nursery teacher and karate instructor.
Christian grew up in Reading and after living in London and abroad returned to live in West Berkshire in 2011. His career has been diverse: starting out administering the common agricultural policy, a decade in software support and testing, and now as a professional musician playing around the world.
Their priorities are:
- To address the lack of truly affordable homes, ensuring that at least 30% of new homes is council housing
- To ensure all new developments are carbon neutral by 2030
- To improve rural bus services, looking into using on-demand buses
- To expand childcare / Sure Start centres to unlock the potential of all children,
- especially the most disadvantaged
- To tackle the health inequalities, social isolation and disconnectedness
- experienced by many in our local area since Covid 19, especially older residents