It's time to vote for change and give Labour a chance to serve the people of West Berkshire Mike Woodward
Mike’s background is from a rural farming village. However, his working life as a software consultant has taken him beyond his rural roots, advising Public and private sector organisations, both within Berkshire and beyond.
He has seen first-hand how Tory Austerity has hit rural communities particularly hard, with cuts to transportation, social and healthcare and police, with housing costs increasingly unaffordable for many.
Therefore, as your councillor, he would push:
- To build more truly affordable homes, ensuring that at least 30% of new homes is council housing.
- To ensure all new developments are carbon neutral by 2030, latest.
- To improve rural bus services, looking into using on-demand buses.
- To arrange provision for around 90% of household waste to be collected and processed by the council or its contractors.
- For radical expansion of childcare / Sure Start centres to unlock the potential of all children, especially the most disadvantaged.